A little about my own experience with autism and rewards system…
From my own experience with my child…
He was diagnosed with autism when he was 2 and a half… Believe me, as a parent that’s a tough thing to hear. An of course I got him the best help possible and at that age, if you work really hard and start early, the outcomes are great. I can tell you, however, with 100% confidence that having him participate in the KarateBuilt Rewards System along with putting him in Leadership training was a huge help in developing the skills he needed.
Believe me – I am not saying this because I am the school owner… When he was 3 and I was getting ready to start him, he couldn’t speak and was having a lot of trouble understanding anyone. I was worried about how he would respond, how the instructors would react (I mean he’s Master Moody’s kid after all), and even how the other parents would judge him because he might not be as good as the other kids. I was just like any other parent (maybe worse) – worried about how their kid would do.
I believe in what we do and I know I had seen an amazing improvement in all kinds of different kids so, of course, I got him started and sure enough he did fantastic…
- Because of the instructors (I was proud of them)
- Because of the constant reinforcement at home (the KarateBuilt Rewards System)
- Because of the Leadership Training…
So what happened? Well, most of you students have taken a class or had your child take a class with Mr. Alden Moody. He couldn’t qualify for a diagnosis of autism today and of course he’s one of our top instructors, going to test for 4th degree Black Belt in July and some other things I attribute to this work…
- Captain and 4 year starter on his high school football team (when he’d never played football before high school)
- Full tuition scholarship to ASU
- 4 year starter on his track and field team (never touched a shot put or discus before high school) and field athlete of the year
- Nominated by Senator Sinema and Congressman Stanton for Appointment to the US Naval Academy
- Is a professional part-time stand up comedian (he does shows at the Improv and elsewhere)
… there are a lot of other things I could mention – I am not doing this to brag (but I like bragging about him a lot – believe me) – it’s because I want to let you know I am a personal testimonial for what results you can get. Imagine being a parent like me when your kid has been diagnosed with severe autism at 2 and a half and now getting the results we have gotten… I am pretty happy with what we do here!
Above is his Black Belt Essay (a requirement when students test for any rank of Black Belt)…
For Parents in our school:
Here is your target: If your child is not getting at LEAST one star for something each week (and it needs to be a significant accomplishment), then they are missing big opportunities. It really doesn’t take much time for you at all. In fact I produced a VERY SHORT VIDEO on how to use the System (less than 1 minute!). Click HERE to see it…
If you aren’t a student yet…
…Click HERE so you can try it out and see for yourself.
A couple points:
- On GOLD Stars: They’re for school and school is out now, BUT you can still submit a Recommendation for a gold star for your child for anything they read or if they watched a documentary or something they learned.
- On RED Stars: Yes, right now it’s hard to get out, but remember this is for performance so anything they do that’s in this arena, submit a star recommendation!
- On BLUE Stars: This is a BIG one, Everything at HOME counts and we are looking for REAL improvement. Do NOT submit a recommendation if they are doing the same things they have always done – this is when you see consistent improvement (a job chart is a great way to measure). However, to GET improvement, keep this on a short timeline. That is, don’t look for improvement over a month, you should be setting goals for them things they should do in about a weeks time. This is something they should be able to earn each week.
- On ALL the Stars: If you use this system and each week you pay attention to what they improve, they will, over time, get incrementally better and over a long time (like as they become Black Belts and beyond) they will gain massive improvement.
MY PROMISE TO YOU…
If you recommend your kids each week for one or more stars – for real, significant things they do outside of our school – you’ll see massive growth!
Ch. Master Greg Moody, Ph.D.
KarateBuilt.com and KarateBuilt Martial Arts have been selected the nation’s #1 martial arts schools for EIGHT YEARS IN A ROW!
Founded in 1995 by Dr. Greg Moody an 8th degree Black Belt and Chief Master Instructor, KarateBuilt Martial Arts and Karate lessons for pre-school children ages 3-6 and elementary age kids ages 7 and up are designed to develop the critical building blocks kids need – specialized for their age group – for school excellence and later success in life.
KarateBuilt Martial Arts Adult Karate training is a complete adult fitness and conditioning program for adults who want to lose weight, get (and stay in shape), or learn self-defense in a supportive environment.
Instructors can answer questions or be contacted 24 hours or the day, 7 days a week at 866-311-1032 for one of our nationwide locations. You can also visit our website at KarateBuilt.com.
About Dr. Greg Moody: Greg is an eighth-degree black belt and chief master instructor. He has a Ph.D. in Special Education from Arizona State University (along with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – he actually is a rocket scientist). He has been teaching martial arts for over 25 years and has owned eight martial arts schools in Arizona and California. Chief Master Moody is a motivational speaker and educator and teaches seminars in bullying, business, and martial arts training, around the world. See more at DrGregMoody.com.
The KarateBuilt Martial Arts Headquarters is in Cave Creek, Arizona at 29850 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 105, Cave Creek AZ 85331. You can locate the Chief Instructor, Master Laura Sanborn there directly at (480) 575-8171. KarateBuilt Martial Arts serves Cave Creek, Carefree, Scottsdale, and Paradise Valley Arizona as well and Grand Rapids, MI.
Also, check us out on Groupon, EventBrite, HulaFrog, and on Go2Karate.com
P.S I love this cartoon from Jim Herman – see this link: https://www.gocomics.com/herman/2022/03/24