At KarateBuilt Martial Arts we say: “Your Vision Determines Where You Go In Life!”
The Dictionary says: Vision: “a picture of the future that is created in the imagination and motivates to action” Possessing vision means having the ability to create and effectively communicate a picture of the future that builds on a realistic understanding of the present.
An Effectively Communicated Vision:
- Creates a shared and meaningful purpose
- Inspires Passion and Interest
- Guides Decision Making and Strategy
- Conveys Values
- Is Aligned with Overall Values and Goals.
Our four levels of Vision are:
- Level 1: Personal Vision – Developing a vision of what you want your life to be like is a Personal Vision. It doesn’t depend on others or the world, only what you want to be.
- Level 2: Goals – This level of vision is where you take your personal vision and turn it into short, medium and long term goals. We develop our personal vision first and make sure the goals are consistent with it.
- Level 3: Community Vision – Leaders have a vision that relates to making the world a better place. You could find examples of negative leaders but they eventually fail. A true leader has a vision that, is intended to improve not just themselves, but the world around them.
- Level 4: Leadership Vision – A Leader has a clear vision of him or herself, and can communicate that to their group.
Black Belts at KarateBuilt Martial Arts develop these skills as they develop into leaders. While we may have a Vision at a certain level, a leader must motivate the people he or she is trying to lead to understand the vision they are trying to share.
“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” – Gail Devers
Sr. Master Greg Moody, Ph.D.
Founded in 1995 by Dr. Greg Moody a 7th degree Black Belt and Sr. Master Instructor, KarateBuilt Martial Arts and Karate lessons for pre-school children ages 3-6 and elementary age kids ages 7 and up are designed to develop the critical building blocks kids need – specialized for their age group – for school excellence and later success in life.
KarateBuilt Martial Arts Adult Karate training is a complete adult fitness and conditioning program for adults who want to lose weight, get (and stay in shape) or learn self-defense in a supportive environment.
Instructors can answer questions or be contacted 24 hours or the day, 7 days a week at Karate@KarateBuilt.com or call directly at 866-311-1032 for one of our nationwide locations. You can also visit our website at KarateBuilt.com.
About Dr. Greg Moody: Greg is a seventh degree black belt and senior master instructor. He has a Ph.D. in Special Education from Arizona State University (along with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – he actually is a rocket scientist). He has been teaching martial arts for over 25 years and has owned eight martial arts schools in Arizona and California. Sr. Master Moody is a motivational speaker and educator and teaches seminars in bullying, business, and martial arts training, around the world.
The KarateBuilt Martial Arts Headquarters is in Cave Creek, Arizona at 29850 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 105, Cave Creek AZ 85331. You can locate the Chief Instructor, Master Laura Sanborn there directly at (480) 575-8171.