Secrets of Survival – Part 3 – Fitness!
Secrets of Survival – Part 3 – Fitness!
I may have sent you that photo on the top of this before but she’s just really cute! That’s a brand new student who just started with us a couple of weeks ago doing our online classes.
While I am sure you’re as tired as I am of this stay-at-home order (I like going to the movies or out to dinner as much as anyone) we also know it’s going to be a while before everything is normal and that’s why FITNESS is so important. Here is something for kids from UCLA Health:
- Children who are inactive and who spend too much time in front of a screen watching television, playing computer video games or talking or typing on their phones have an increased risk of heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes. Too much screen time may also adversely affect your child’s muscle and bone development, posture, neck alignment, eye function and overall self-esteem and confidence.
- The American Heart Association recommends that children ages 2 years and older participate in at least 60 minutes (or at least two 30-minute periods or four 15-minute periods) of enjoyable, physical activity every day to improve cardiovascular fitness, physical wellness and emotional development.
There are a lot of reasons for kids to be active – and for adults we need the same level (at least) just for maintenance…
That’s why we’re offering classes online instead of just giving up and staying home and ALSO giving classes away to the community. The classes – in addition to all the other benefits I’ve told you about like building confidence, self-esteem, discipline, and of course self-defense – are perfect to meet your necessary fitness requirements AND be at home.
When things are allowed back in-person, of course, you can take a class at our state-of-the-art facility but in the meantime keep moving!
BUT PLEASE, don’t take my word for this being the right thing to do now… listen to our students and families results…
- “Dear Sr. Master Moody, Your program has had a positive impact on many aspects of Amanda’s life! Since joining your school, her self-esteem has increased significantly and we are all so much happier! Karate for Kids is Wonderful! Thanks Again!” Steve & Deann Haage
- “Ryan was spending at least 6-7 hours a day on the computer, but since starting Karate 2 month’s ago, he has spent a lot less time on the computer, more time outside – he’s a much happier boy! Thanks Guys!” Kim Hanson
- “I have enjoyed training with my children & watching their growth!” Esther Hunter
- As a 54 year old, I think the training has been a big health benefit. I also think the connection I have with other people is a great benefit a – to refer someone to Karate is a great feeling – knowing that they’re going to get the same benefits I have gotten!” Lawrence Chrysty
- “My son started Karate at age 5. He is now a Black Belt at age 7. He was recently diagnosed with a developmental coordination disorder that affects his gross and fine motor skills. His medical provider attributed his Karate training as contributing to his ability to compensate and has been therapeutic!” Ms. Pate-Lamb
…and these are just some of the stories of results our students have gotten…
Ch. Master Nominee Greg Moody, Ph.D.
P.S. Feel free to share!
KarateBuilt.com and KarateBuilt Martial Arts have been selected the nation’s #1 martial arts schools for EIGHT YEARS IN A ROW!
Founded in 1995 by Dr. Greg Moody an 8th degree Black Belt and Master Instructor, KarateBuilt Martial Arts and Karate lessons for pre-school children ages 3-6 and elementary age kids ages 7 and up are designed to develop the critical building blocks kids need – specialized for their age group – for school excellence and later success in life.
KarateBuilt Martial Arts Adult Karate training is a complete adult fitness and conditioning program for adults who want to lose weight, get (and stay in shape) or learn self-defense in a supportive environment.
Instructors can answer questions or be contacted 24 hours or the day, 7 days a week at Karate@KarateBuilt.com or call directly at 866-311-1032 for one of our nationwide locations. You can also visit our website at KarateBuilt.com.
About Dr. Greg Moody: Greg is an eighth-degree black belt and chief master nominee instructor. He has a Ph.D. in Special Education from Arizona State University (along with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – he actually is a rocket scientist). He has been teaching martial arts for over 25 years and has owned eight martial arts schools in Arizona and California. Sr. Master Moody is a motivational speaker and educator and teaches seminars in bullying, business, and martial arts training, around the world.
The KarateBuilt Martial Arts Headquarters is in Cave Creek, Arizona at 29850 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 105, Cave Creek AZ 85331. You can locate the Chief Instructor, Master Laura Sanborn there directly at (480) 575-8171. KarateBuilt Martial Arts serves Cave Creek, Carefree, Scottsdale, and Paradise Valley Arizona as well and Grand Rapids, MI.